Welcome to the 2017 BYC Junior Sailing Program!
Classes are for children ages 6 through 17 (and 18, if the individual turned 18 in 2017).
Membership is NOT required to take sailing classes but current members, grandchildren of current members, and children who have taken classes at BYC previously have priority to register through Thursday, March 30! All others may register starting on Friday, March 31.
[To print a copy of this web page, click "Printer Friendly" in the lower right corner of the page.]
Register for BYC Junior Cruise Here
(Select Participant Group: Junior)
Program Dates and Key Events
Opti 1 - 8:30-11:30am and/or 12:30-3:30pm
Opti 2 - 8:30-11:30am and/or 12:30-3:30pm
Opti Green Race - 8:30-11:30am and/or 12:30-4:30pm
Opti Race - 8:30-11:30am and/or 12:30-4:30pm
420-1 - 8:30-11:30am
420-2 - 8:30-11:30am
420 Green Race - 12:30-4:30pm
420 Race - 12:30-4:30pm
Two-Day Pre-Season Clinic ... $170 per sailor, includes lunches
Two-Week Sessions Fees:
- Sea Monkeys, Sea Stars, Adventure, Opti 1, Opti 2, 420-1 (mornings only), and 420-2 (mornings only)
- Session 1: $335 mornings, $265 afternoons
- Session 2:$301 mornings, $231 afternoons (no classes July 4)
- Session 3:$335 mornings, $265 afternoons
- Session 4: $335 mornings, $265 afternoons
- Opti Green Race, Opti Race, 420 Green Race (afternoons only) and 420 Race (afternoons only)
- Session 1: $355 mornings; $285 afternoons
- Session 2: $319 mornings; $249 afternoons (no classes July 4)
- Session 3: $355 mornings; $285 afternoons
- Session 4: $355 mornings; $285 afternoons
- Sailors may only take Session 4 if they are also taking an earlier session.
- A $295 non-member, annual fee also applies per student unless part of a BYC Family membership or grandchild of a current BYC member.
- A $100 deposit per class is due upon registration which will apply towards your class fees. The $100 deposit is non-refundable if you cancel your registration.
- No refunds will be issued once the first class day arrives.
- Payments must be made with check, money order or cash in person or by mail. BYC members may also pay by Plastiq via their online member account.
- All payments are due net 30 or prior to start of class - whichever is earlier. Non-payment may result in cancellation of your registration.
- Any sailor taking all 8 weeks of classes will receive a 10% discount. (Note that the automated invoice you receive upon registration will not yet reflect the discount - but your monthly statement will show it.)
- Personal Flotation Device (a.k.a., PFD or life jacket/vest) - type 3 or better with an attached whistle. PFD must be Coast Guard Approved (look on the inside of the jacket for a code on it starting with 160). Important: Zhik brand PFDs are NOT Coast Guard approved.
- Closed-toe water/sailing shoes - no flip flops or sandals as they may catch on a cleat or more easily allow an injury to the foot.
- SPF 30+ sunscreen - applied to all sailors each day prior to arriving for class
Click here to view the Parent/Sailor Handbook 2017 which provides all rules, requirements and expectations for sailors and parents. Check back on this page soon!
Click here to view the regatta schedule.
Parents of green race and race sailors - you are responsible for registering your child at any regatta in which s/he will compete. Be sure to talk to coaches early to confirm plans. Regattas can and do sell out!
$45 per hour, per child for Sr. Instructors
Click here to request a private lesson.
Members must log in to their existing account on the BYC website.
Non-members must create an account.
Step by step instructions to register may be viewed here.
If you need assistance, please contact the BYC office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember - existing BYC members, grandchildren of BYC members and children who have taken BYC sailing classes in the past have priority to register through Thursday, March 30. All others must wait to register until Friday, March 31.