Welcome to Racing at the Beverly Yacht Club!
This summer, we’re looking forward to continuing our longstanding reputation as a respected yachting organization as we celebrate our 150th year. From the Club’s first regatta in 1872 with ten catboats and a sloop, to all the racing we presently conduct, the friendly competitive spirit among BYC sailors has endured from the start. Today we host weekly series races along with special events and regattas from the end of May and into the fall each season. Whether you’re looking to compete in a PHRF racing or cruising class, or as part of a one-design fleet, BYC’s racing program has something for everyone. Contact BYC’s Race Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
BYC RACES FOR 2022
- June 18-19: Racer-Cruiser Weekend
- July 2-3: Van Rensselaer Race Weekend: One-Design Races (7/2) and Pursuit Race (7/3)
- July 15: Thayer Francis Moonlight Race (Rain date August 12)
- July 30: Parker Converse Tower Race *
- Aug. 16-17: Beverly Junior Regatta - coming soon
- Aug. 26-27: Salty 100 Distance Race
- Sept. 5: Sou’wester Race (Pursuit and One-Design)
- Sept. 9-10: J/80 East Coast Championship
- Sept. 17: Singlehanded Challenge
- Sept. 24: Hurricane Cup (PHRF and One-Design) *
BYC SUMMER & FALL SERIES REGISTRATIONS FOR 2022
Fall Sailing is casual and fun, and all are welcome to participate, including non-members for a small fee. Learn more about our Fall Racing program here.
RACE INFORMATION & DOCUMENTATION
- Summer/Fall Series Notice of Race 2022 (As amended June 1 for Shields Class start date on June 16, July 6 for eligibility updates, July 7 for series start correction, and Aug. 1 for removal of anchors on PHRF boats)
- Summer/Fall Series Sailing Instructions and Race Chart 2022 (As amended May 25, 2022)
- BYC Race Mark Chart 2022
- Race Calendar 2022
- US Sailing Protest Form (Email completed forms to email@example.com)
- Race News & FAQs
- Past Race Results
- BYC Trophies
RACE COMMITTEE ASSISTANCE
Sign up to be a Principal Race Officer (PRO) or an Associate Race Officer (ARO). You don’t need a lot of experience to help; pair up with an experienced PRO and learn the ropes. Everyone’s help is appreciated with the many tasks associated in running a race. And volunteering aboard Commodores is a great way to spend part of your day - out on Buzzards Bay watching sailboats race!
The Crew/Team Finder lists yachts looking for crew and crew looking for berths for sailing events this season.